|These scare me in so many ways.|
So that's the world. In the world, you consistently get nothing for free. Nothing. Then there's the spiritual realm. In the spiritual realm, those who have been saved by Christ have a wealth of resources at their disposal, all given as a gracious, unmerited gift from a holy, loving, giving God.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. (Ephesians 1:3-4)Of course, our salvation was in fact quite costly.
knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. (1 Peter 1:18-19)What an amazing, gracious, God we serve, that He would give His Son to purchase lowly sinners! What a loving Christ we serve, that He would lay down His life to redeem those sinners!
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:10)Salvation is no mere "store credit;" no, it is indeed a gift. A magnanimous gift from a magnificent God. Oh, that we might serve Him well!
Now that all of that has been said, I do need to use up these store credits before I forget that I have them (again). Anybody need any shoes? While I go online shoe-shopping, why don't you take some time to enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- It's time we got wise about bacteria.
- The Bible is our authority. Michelle Lesley has some great words on that truth.
- What do you know about Manoah's wife?
- This is repulsive, but I am so thankful it's been brought to light.
- There are so many things wrong with this headline.
- Free ebook!
- This is disgusting.
- Noooo! Why couldn't they just leave the original alone? It was fine the way it was!
- Well, that's awkward.
- Here's your weekly dose of adorable.
- If the doctrine of election is true, why do we preach the gospel?
- A bit about Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
- The enduring faith of the patriarchs: