Yes, I am amazed at God's equipping, kindness, and graciousness extended toward me in all things.
Even better than His provision for daily needs or practical equipping in daily life is His spiritual equipping of His saints through His Word. Sixty-six books; He has given us 66 books! They are His words, and, written by men carried along by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21), they are inspired, inerrant, and infallible in their original manuscripts. Each of these books, from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, points to or reveals to us the only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. How good of God to give us such a clear way to know His Son!
Do you treasure this word? Do you look to it for daily nourishment? Indeed, it is through this word that God has truly equipped us for everything pertaining to life and godliness. May we not disdain it by neglecting it.
If you haven't taken time to read the Bible yet today, stop reading this blog and go do that. When you're done, come back and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Here's an interesting new effort from The Master's Seminary.
- Aw, poor thing!
- I've been craving brownies, so if anyone would like to make me a batch of the first chocolate brownies, I would happily take them.
- Bill Barrick talks about the attributes of godly leaders.
- Sola Scriptura, then and now.
- The story of Lydia's conversion is one of my favorites.
- I found this post by a friend of mine to be so encouraging. God is so wonderfully faithful, isn't he?
- This is absolutely disgusting.
- Here's another faithful sermon from Pastor Alan Sherban.
- So, um, why is my copy not in my mailbox yet? Friends who work at GTY, what have you been doing?
- Not surprised by this either.
- What is sound doctrine?
- I love church bells!
- I think you'll find these baptism testimonies to be an encouragement!
- An interesting piece over at The New Yorker.
- I may have posted this a few months ago, but it's worth sharing again: