The moral of the story? Changing the batteries in your smoke alarms might be one of those everyday tasks that God uses to sanctify us, because it requires a lot more patience than is probably necessary for such a simple endeavor.
With that, I know some of you may be itching to get out your step ladder and change a few batteries of your own. If so, that's fantastic, but before you do, take a few minutes to first enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Some people are in a tizzy over Marco Rubio's selection of Rick Warren and Wayne Grudem as members of his spiritual advisory team. If I cared, I'd be more worried about the inclusion of Samuel Rodriguez, who is a fairly significant name in the New Apostolic Reformation movement.
- Dr. Michael Kruger on new revelation.
- This concept is strange and a little unnerving, but I'm happy these kitties now have homes.
- I don't actually like Nutella, but I find it kind of amazing that there's a whole festival dedicated to the spread.
- Here's your weekly dose of adorable (ignore the leash).
- I'm glad Wheaton College has taken these steps, but it will be interesting to see what the final outcome is.
- Please listen to this two-part series on evangelism from Pastor Don Green. Here's Part 1 and Part 2.
- I've enjoyed this series of No Compromise Radio episodes teaching about the rainbow. Pastor Mike starts with a general discussion of symbols and then moves into more detail about the significance of the rainbow. Don't miss Part 1, Part 2, or Part 3.
- Yes, ladies, you can and should study Church history too!
- Good thoughts from Aimee Byrd on complementarianism, the Passion conference, and the role of women.
- Good thoughts from Lyndon Unger on reporting with integrity.
- And good thoughts from Tom Chantry on John Piper's discernment.
- As if the airports in Chicago weren't already scary enough.
- Free ebook!
- Ten reminders for preachers that will also benefit the rest of us.
- I absolutely love this, and I resonate with everything that is said in this article.
- Steve Lawson on Jonathan Edwards: