|photo credit: If You Have A Bee In Your Hand|
via photopin (license)
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Get 1:27; emphasis mine)As far as I can tell, the text does not say, "male and female and bigender and cisgender and gender fluid He created them." Nope, it just says male and female. Funny how that works.
You know what this means, don't you? It means any other "gender" is a figment of fallen man's imagination. Oh well, Romans 1, anyone? This is to be expected in the society in which we live, and it ought to make us that much more grateful that God chose to save us and set us apart from this sinful, wicked world. So don't get discouraged, dear Christian, and don't be rocked with surprise when liberal-thinkers, even those who proclaim the name of Christ, join this sinful bandwagon. Simply pray, praise, and give thanks. Our God is sovereign. We serve the King of kings who will one day make all things new.
So while you wait for that glorious day, why not take a few moments at the start of your weekend to enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Lyndon Unger is talking about modesty, a subject not discussed nearly enough, in my opinion.
- The character of the Christian.
- You have to appreciate good, brief, easy-to-remember teachings, especially when they discuss the New Testament's use of the Old Testament.
- Well, this isn't right.
- I really enjoyed this article over at Grace to You written by my friend, Cameron Buettel. Cameron clearly explains why "asking Jesus into your heart" is not a biblical idea.
- You will appreciate Pastor Mike Abendroth's latest video, where he explains that your mother doesn't deserve to go to heaven (and neither do you!).
- Here is your weekly dose of adorable (thanks, Lori!).
- Okay, so the Packers lost the game in overtime (don't get me started on that coin toss), but you have to admit, this play to tie the game was absolutely phenomenal.
- On brothers and sisters in Christ.
- The secret of Spurgeon's success.
- How about a little refresher on the Old Testament?
- Why do we fear man's opinion?
- I loved this sermon; it is simultaneously convicting and encouraging. Why integrity matters: