When God calls a man by His grace, he cannot but come. You may resist the minister’s call, but you cannot the Spirit’s call. The finger of the blessed Spirit can write upon a heart of stone, as once He wrote His law upon tables of stone. God’s words are creating words; when He says, ‘Let there be light’, there was light, and when He says, ‘Let there be faith,’ it shall be so. When God called Paul, he answered to the call. ‘I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision’ (Acts 26:19). God rides forth conquering in the chariot of His gospel; He makes the blind eyes see, and the stony heart bleed. If God will call a man, nothing shall lie in the way to hinder; difficulties shall be united, the powers of hell shall disband. ‘Who hath resisted his will?’ (Rom. 9:19). God bends the iron sinew, and cuts asunder the gates of brass (Psalm 107:6). When the Lord touches a man’s heart by His Spirit, all proud imaginations are brought down, and the fort-royal of the will yields to God.
(Thomas Watson, All Things for Good, 108-109, thomaswatsonquotes.com)Aren't you glad I handed over the reigns? All that is left to say is, "Amen and amen." Now go ahead and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- If you liked that quote, why not check out the entire book? The Kindle version especially is a great price as of the writing of this post! (HT: No Compromise Radio)
- I would love to be able to attend this event! If you are within driving distance of Grace Community Church, I hope you will be there!
- According to these standards, at any given moment, and definitely at some point throughout the day (every day), every single one of us is under a "witchcraft attack." I felt the need to warn you. You are welcome.
- I don't even know what the genre "Amish Romance" means, and am not sure I want to know. Is this what is wrong with professing Christian women? Are they reading this garbage because it's free on Kindle? Two words: Stop It!
- Here is your weekly dose of adorable.
- I appreciated this post by Tim Challies. We all want to be able to "do it all" and sometimes, it just isn't possible.
- "I follow…"
- Al Mohler on "the fall of an entire civilization and the moral consensus that made that civilization possible."
- Wow. This mayoral candidate should consider turning this video into a commercial for her campaign. Or maybe for her opponent's campaign. Strange fire.
- The Cripplegate discusses whether the early church believed in transubstantiation.
- Why do we need Proverbs?
- Another great sermon from Phil Johnson.
- And another great sermon from Don Green.
- And another great sermon from Mike Abendroth.
- And while we're sharing great sermons, here's one from John MacArthur, "Saved, or Self-Deceived?"