|This is a "glory feather cloud" that allegedly appeared in |
2011 at Cathedral of Praise in Austin, TX, and was followed
by some "holy laughter."
What did we do on Sunday, then? Well, our pastor opened the Word of God and he preached, unashamedly, clearly, and boldly. He spoke of the ascension of Christ and its necessary impact on our lives as believers, both present and eternal. He proclaimed the gospel so that those within earshot who had not been saved might be brought to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and so those of us who have been saved might be reminded of the great God whom we serve.
Sunday was a good day. I can't wait for this coming Sunday. Do you love to gather with the saints in your local assembly? Do you long for the teaching of God's Word? Do you treasure each moment that you are able to hear that Word explained? I pray you do.
But, it is not Sunday yet, it's Friday! And that means that it's time to breathe a sigh of relief that the work week has ended and to take a moment to pause and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Here is what my church was blessed to hear on Sunday.
- Have I mentioned this here before? Even if I have, it's still abominable.
- The rapture will be occurring on October 7. You're welcome.
- Lots of bad theology here. "To me, God is…" Quick, somebody introduce this young man to expository preaching so he can truly understand God's Word!
- There are no words.
- On biblical minimalism.
- In the midst of the Duggar drama, I appreciate Pastor Tom Chantry taking time to question "reality." I encourage you to read this post.
- Oh, goody, the Hillsong movie is coming.
- Attention Pope Francis: If you ask me, the devil is the one who is prompting you to spew such nonsense.
- Supernatural peace: