My day yesterday began with this sunrise and ended with a little over 6 hours of sleep (which is far more than I've been averaging in recent months). These bookends and everything in between were good gifts from a gracious, generous, loving God. Do you thank the Lord for those things that we so easily take for granted? May we train our hearts to offer our gratitude for every gift our Father gives us. We are undeserving to receive any, and yet He blesses us in abundance.
Why don't you take a few moments to thank our God for the gifts He's given you this day. When you're done, come back here and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- There's a journey joke in here somewhere.
- The inventor of Mother's Day was sorry.
- Ligon Duncan on preaching in a postmodern world.
- Uh…that's a big eel.
- And that's a lot of spiders. Ew, ew, ew!
- Here's your weekly dose of adorable.
- And so it begins.
- The perils of pulpit pandering.
- What is spiritual formation?
- The saving power of Scripture: