|Follow the Good Shepherd.|
Is there a Christian who does not follow Christ? No, there cannot be:
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me… (John 10:27)Is there a Christian who does not seek to fellowship with his brothers and sisters in Christ? There should not be:
…and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24–25)Is there a Christian who does not believe the Bible? It is through the Bible that Jesus Christ is revealed, and it is only through Jesus Christ that men can be saved. A Christian must by definition believe God's Word precisely because it is God's Word:
All Scripture is inspired by God an profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness… (2 Timothy 3:16)So why is it that we feel we need to qualify our definition of a Christian? Aren't these adjectives more than a little redundant? Or does it reveal a deeper problem? Does it mean that we are accepting of those who don't believe the Bible, and those whose lives don't demonstrate the regeneration of the Holy Spirit that results in a life of following Christ? Things to ponder.
But while you ponder, why don't you multitask and also peruse through your week in review (kind of):
- "Too many pastors use illustrations as a substitute for exegesis, rather than as something that illumines or applies their exegesis."
- I think I've asked this before, but how do we get Roma Downey to stop?
- I've had the privilege of sitting under the teaching of Dr. Greg Harris, and, even though I do not have nor plan to have children, I still especially enjoyed this article where he shares what he prays for his children.
- "Pope Francis...will pray in front of the shroud [of Turin] on June 21." The blind continues to lead the blind.
- Really, why has it taken the medical community this long to accuse Dr. Oz of being a quack?
- Why is John MacArthur #82 on this list? Also—Gavin MacLeod? The Love Boat captain? (HT to Ray for this one.)
- Oh, brother. Creflo Dollar says the devil is stopping his dreams of owning a private jet. Do people like this ever actually hear the ridiculous things they say?
- Yes, churches that condone homosexuality are false churches.
- The lordship of Christ is essential for salvation.
- Here's your weekly dose of adorable.
- I hope I have a chance soon to read Rosaria Butterfield's book.
- What's missing from Heaven?
- My church had the privilege last weekend of welcoming Pastor Steve Kreloff of Lakeside Community Chapel and Verse by Verse ministries to preach at our Spring Bible Conference. We were immensely blessed by his preaching and I knew I wanted to add him to the roster of preachers featured here each week. I think you'll agree with that choice: