|photo credit: Mel B. via photopin cc|
These are the times when, rather than indulge our musings, we better serve ourselves, each other, and most importantly, the Lord, by stepping back and keeping quiet. Just because we have a blog, or a Facebook page or a Twitter account or fill-in-the-blank with whatever forum you desire, does not mean that we must reflect upon every issue being debated in Christendom.
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back. (Proverbs 29:11)And so, before I begin to babble, I am going to take my own advice and just be quiet. I will not, however, hush up until after you've enjoyed your week in review (kind of):
- So if I want God to get me a really groovy job within a week, I just need to start tithing? Got it. Thanks, Perry Noble and Robert Morris.
- Best comment of the week.
- Cowboy church. Giddyup.
- John MacArthur on preaching.
- Carson and the gift of tongues or something.
- I admit, I don't really understand parents who plaster pictures of their children all over social media.
- Are you heavenly minded?
- How to spot a liberal seminary.
- Free book!
- Because I know you'll want to get in on this vote.
- Once again The Christian Post brings you all the news that doesn't interest you.
- Your story is not the gospel. It won't save anybody. Tell people about Christ.
- Here's your weekly dose of adorable.
- Is ordinary the new radical?
- Is there a support group yet for Candy Crush addicts?
- Hm. Well, I guess a virtual scapegoat for Yom Kippur is a clever idea. You know, in gospeless-bizarro-I-think-the-Internet-is-real-life world.
- Few things irritate me more than people who retweet compliments. It's usually done by "Christian celebrities" so we can know how incredibly fabulous their latest book is or that they knocked Sunday's sermon out of the proverbial park.
- Football season has now officially begun. Here is your schedule of Packers games. Trust me, they're the only team that matters right now.
- Is God still revealing truth?