What I always loved and depended on with this plant, however, was its ability to resurrect itself. If I neglected to water it, it would droop to the point where I was certain it was dead. Yet, with a little fresh water, it would perk up and resurrect, hence my naming it the Lazarus plant.
Sadly, my poor little plant perks up no more. Unexpectedly out of town for a few days last week, I was unable to water it and it seems it has embarked on its final droop. Ah, well. Even Lazarus did eventually die again.
We as Christians can allow ourselves to droop due to malnourishment. Without a steady diet of the Word of God, we cannot flourish and eventually we will wither. Is it not true, though, that in this state of starvation, when we finally come to feast on His Word, we are immediately revitalized and resurrected from our dismal, stunted state? Do not let yourself begin to droop even for a moment, dear Christian. The days ahead of us are bleak, but we look forward to a greater hope.
Now, go water your plants, sing them a little song, then come back here and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- John MacArthur responds to the 2012 election.
- This pickup truck must be driving awfully fast. Why else would Jesus be praying for his life as he rides in the back?
- Justin Edwards of airō shares a brief review of the book, Christ's Prophetic Plans and highly recommends it for anyone desiring to study more about biblical prophecy. I second that recommendation.
- Oh, goody. Teachers "flocked" to attend a Marxist conference at Northwestern University. Leave it to Chicago to draw all the...ahem, *interesting* people.
- Like I said, leave it to Chicago. The mindset of Chicagoans truly is unsettling (and sadly is representative of much of the country, I'm afraid.) I guess you can't say 'defeat Jihad' without being accused of hate speech.
- Kittens watching tennis. You can already sense the cuteness, can't you?
- Have you heard the latest story out of IHOP (the prayer place, not the pancake place)? Ken Silva has the story on the IHOP University student who has confessed to murdering a former IHOP intern. He also has the follow up story as the murder suspect now says the victim's husband put him up to it. Today we find out that more information continues to emerge. Sadly, many people view IHOP as representative of true Christianity, so we find that there is more than one victim in this situation.
- Michael Kruger continues his series on 10 misconceptions about the New Testament canon.
- The UN says that access to contraception is a human right. Hunh. Write your own one-liner here.
- France will be teaching primary school children about gay issues. Uh huh. Great. Of course, schools here in America aren't any better.
- In October 2011, Transform Student Ministries, an arm of Kay Arthur's Precept Ministries International, actually utilized Steven Furtick's Sun Stand Still book for inspiration for a blog post. Talk about a lack of discernment!
- Sovereign Grace Ministries has issued another updated statement regarding the lawsuit that's been leveled against them.
- Imagine what it might be like for Joseph Smith at the final judgment.
- The Freedom From Religion Foundation wants to remove God from the presidential oath of office.
- Hostess is closing its doors. This is a sad, sad day. Please, take a moment of silence to mourn this great loss.
- Franklin Graham is "shocked" that his site of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association ever called Mormonism a cult in the first place. No, I'm not joking.
- In Israel, troops are preparing for a ground invasion.
- The Gospel is trustworthy: