So, because Ed Young wanted us to know, I'm here to share it with you. I like to be helpful, even to those who have blocked me on Twitter.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I've not much time for further chitchat. I have an appointment to get my hair highlighted. So as you ponder whether or not you should finally take the plunge and go blonde for the summer, please enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- Remember Harvest Bible Chapel Grayslake, who actually was removed from Harvest Bible Fellowship for voicing concerns over ER2? Well, they have changed their name to Grace Community Bible Church.
- *Ahem*. Cher gets it. I'll give you a moment to let that sink in.
- "It definitely points to the direction that physical punishment should not be used on children of any age." Great, okay. We'll just let our children run around like undisciplined, unruly, monstrous little devils just in case they might develop a mental disorder later. Well, I'm sure this study didn't have any sort of agenda or predetermined outcome.
- Is there any relation between the upcoming 'Under God Indivisble' conference and Glenn Beck's 'Restoring Love' conference? Looks like there is.
- Speaking of the Under God Indivisible conference, is it something with which true Christians should be involved?
- I love a good flash mob, and this one is beautiful.
- A trail of carnage has been found in trash bins in a Damascus suburb. This is a travesty. (It's also a graphic article, just to warn you.)
- Jesse Johnson, his family and his church endured the violent storms that last week wreaked unexpected havoc upon the Washington, D.C. area. In this post, he compares the effects and inconveniences of that storm with one that is coming and that will be far, far greater.
- Which is more important in evangelism, orthodoxy or orthopraxy? Doctrine or works? Pyromaniacs serves up some classic Phil Johnson to help answer the question.
- The Old Testament is saturated with Christ.
- Scientists think they may have discovered the so-called 'god particle.' The Gospel Coalition offers a brief explanation of the Higgs boson, and addresses what—if any—theological implications result from this discovery.
- This past week, classic TV fans lost two favorites. Originally, I had posted an episode each of My Three Sons and The Andy Griffith Show, but YouTube has pulled Andy Griffith due to copyright claims. For now, though, you can still enjoy the episode of My Three Sons entitled "Robbie's Double Life":