Yes, PastorFashion.com is every attractional pastor's dream. After all, ever since they did away with those bulky, dominating pulpits, the pastor's ensemble is so visible. And let's face it, no one wants a frumpy pastor.Well, three months later, The Gospel Coalition has finally discovered Young's website. Joe Carter writes:
The line between worldliness and godliness isn't always apparent, though it becomes clearer when we spend more in the Word than in the pages of GQ. For while it's not a sin for a pastor to arraign himself in Armani, it's infinitely more important that he adorn himself with the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:11).I'm glad that TGC finally caught up. Now, if only they would offer their thoughts on the project I was considering back in February when PastorFashion.com launched:
Well, I hate to be a copy-cat, but I am greatly intrigued by Young's ingenuity. That is why I am pondering the idea of starting a similar website. BloggerFashion.com would offer tips and tricks for all of you fashion-challenged basement-dwelling opinion givers. Let's be honest, it's not easy to truly "rock" a pair of shabby sweatpants and fuzzy bunny slippers, but BloggerFashion.com would show you how. If the idea takes off, we may even expand into offering hygiene tips, such as sharing some of the best ways to remove the Cheetos stains from your fingers.Of course, now that summer is rapidly approaching, BloggerFashion.com would have to expand its line beyond sweatpants, to include T-shirts and drawstring shorts. Send your ideas my way! And now, please enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- If we believe the same things, why do our churches seem so different? Kevin DeYoung takes a look at the dangers of "squishy" evangelicalism.
- "We need to prepare for a serious stage of persecution in this country. The question isn’t whether it’s coming. The question is whether we are ready." Michael Kruger remembers the unpopular Jesus.
- David Jeremiah appeared on TBN's most recent Praise-a-Thon, extolling Paul Crouch and encouraging people to send their money to perpetuate the work of the aberrant Word-Faith network.
- Just what we need, a Jesus video game. Really disappointing to see Darrell Bock of Dallas Theological Seminary endorsing something like this.
- Time for a shameless plug...are you regularly visiting Christian Research Network? You should be.
- Narcissism, it's not just for pastors anymore.
- Military chaplains may have no choice but to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies.
- Herescope has started a lengthy series on Chuck Missler's apparent teaching of codes and cryptologies in Scripture. Start here with Part 1.
- Liberty University has "no official position" on Mormonism. Hm, seems to me that a "Christian" university probably should have an "official position" on false religions.
- Taking the mystery out of knowing God's will: