Of course, the greatest tragedy of this whole thing is that I am no longer immediately alerted whenever Perry Noble is "PUMPED" about something. Since this seems to happen about every 5 minutes, I am missing out on quite a bit of excitement. As such, I have spent the last several days feeling very pumped-less. I've decided that the best way out of this predicament is probably to ensure that my tithe is up to date, and possibly also to send an extra-special seed offering to the churches of both Noble and Young. Once I'm proven faithful in that, I'm sure my Twitter luck will turn around.
While I'm writing those checks, then, please enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- If I had the time, I would love to take this online course.
- So, basically it seems as though Charles Stanley, in his book Eternal Security, completely denies Lordship Salvation. This should be great news for all you antinomians out there!
- Has the mystery of the origin of life been solved (without the Bible)?
- At The Gospel Coalition, Jen Wilkin shares some interesting thoughts on why Bible study may fail to transform us.
- I wish Steam Tunnel Pilot would stop making me laugh. Wait, scratch that, no I don't.
- Are you loving or unloving? Take this quiz to find out.
- I was trying to figure out why it was such earth-shattering news that President Obama finally endorsed gay marriage. After all, are we really shocked and surprised by this? If you were, well, apparently you've been living under a rock for the past several years, so welcome back. At least Al Mohler agrees that it was "only a matter of time" before the president made this announcement.
- In a wicked turn of events, today I am going to share with you one of the most atrocious sermons I've ever heard, even from Joel Osteen. For your education, here is Mr. "Everyone is a Christian in my book" Osteen with his inspirational message, "Power of Your Visions:"