Pastors aren’t typically known for their fashion. Most people don’t think of the runway leading up to the pulpit. But why not?! Why can’t the men and women of God set the standard for the rest of the world in fashion as well as faith? That’s why we’re launching PastorFashion.com. We want to set the trends.
Check back with us regularly, as we’ll be posting things like what not to wear, fashion tips, the latest trends and so much more!
We’re not trying to be like the world…we just want to be fashionable while we try to change [...] (Online Source).Well, I hate to be a copy-cat, but I am greatly intrigued by Young's ingenuity. That is why I am pondering the idea of starting a similar website. BloggerFashion.com would offer tips and tricks for all of you fashion-challenged basement-dwelling opinion givers. Let's be honest, it's not easy to truly "rock" a pair of shabby sweatpants and fuzzy bunny slippers, but BloggerFashion.com would show you how. If the idea takes off, we may even expand into offering hygiene tips, such as sharing some of the best ways to remove the Cheetos stains from your fingers. Of course, this is all just a great, wonderful idea in my mind. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment string. (And please, please, do not miss the sarcasm that is dripping from this paragraph)!
But enough about the latest trends. It's Friday and we all know what that means. Pour your coffee and enjoy your week in review (kind of):
- The Telegraph in the UK reports that their government will now be maintaining a database of every phone call and email. Now there's a comforting thought.
- This new book is on my wishlist.
- Apprising Ministries reminds us that battle is our calling.
- The religion of peace strikes again. Christians were stoned on the Temple Mount.
- Speaking of the religion of peace, Youcef Nadarkhani was arrested in 2009 for converting to "Christianity" and has in that time refused to recant and claim Islam. We are now hearing that Iran has finally ordered that he be hanged. And so we pray. But we pray not just for this man's earthly life, but also for his eternal one. It seems that Nadarkhani is actually a pastor of a non-Trinitarian cult. If this is true, then Nadarkhani does not know the true Jesus of the Bible. So as we cry out to the government to spare his life, let us also cry out to God for the salvation of this man.
- "A small but growing number of teens and even younger children who think they were born the wrong sex are getting support from parents and from doctors who give them sex-changing treatments..." My Way News has more on this disheartening story.
- William Tapley, aka "The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse," aka "The Co-Prophet of the End Times" teaches about Whitney Houston, the president, and the Catholic Church. And you thought Harold Camping was a little ... kooky!
- Phil Johnson is writing a series of blog posts on 2 Timothy 4. I've heard him preach through this text, and he offers some wonderful teaching.
- Great news! Steven Furtick gave up Twitter for Lent!
- A zeal without knowledge: