On a weather-related note, it looks like much of the Midwest will spend the weekend bundled up and trudging through snow. In Nashville, it seems a light dusting of snow (that has now disappeared) has caused many schools to close for the day. Oh, what a difference a few states makes! It always amazes me how, even in those states that are accustomed to winter weather and snow, things are brought to a near standstill with the first snowfall of the season. Even "lifers" who were born and raised in the cold and snow seem to forget how to drive when that first snowflake hits their windshield. Indeed, it makes for some rather interesting commutes! But, as I look out my own window, I see a beautiful white blanket and am reminded of the goodness of God, and of the amazing incomprehensible truth of the greatness of salvation. Thank You, Lord, for Your cleansing.
So, whether you live somewhere that will find you and your dog utilizing your Snuggies today or not, I hope you'll enjoy today's week in review (kind of):“Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD:though your sins are like scarlet,they shall be as white as snow;though they are red like crimson,they shall become like wool. (Isaiah 1:18)
- Ed Young and his wife are currently on the roof of their church. In a bed.
- Speaking of the Seeker-Driven movement's latest fascination with well, you know, Phil Johnson offers some good thoughts.
- Pedophilia is a disability in Greece.
- The Code Orange Revival kicked off Wednesday night with Craig Groeschel. His message was...well, we learned a lot about Craig Groeschel.
- Beth Moore will be speaking at Hillsong Church.
- Patricia King has received 5 prophetic insights about the coming year. Coincidentally, she also has products for sale that will help with each one.
- Still not sure what to think about Lectio Divina and the whole "listening for the voice of God" and "hearing from God" thing? Perhaps this will help: