On a lighter note, if you are still looking for a last minute gift for that blogger in your life, might I make a few suggestions? New beanbag chairs are always welcome (when you sit as much as we do, those cheap beans really get squished). Most of us also actually prefer Doritos (usually the spicy nacho ones) to Cheetos, so a bag of those makes a great stocking stuffer. And this T-shirt is a must for your favorite blogger. Hopefully that gives you some additional ideas to finish off your Christmas list. And as you work to check off those final details (even though you undoubtedly told yourself that this year you were not going to make a big deal out of the holiday), here's your week in review (kind of):Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11)
- As you may recall, Rob Bell has resigned from Mars Hill Bible Church in order to move on to bigger and better things. Namely, producing television. This past Sunday, Bell delivered his final "sermon" to MHBC. You can read the transcript here.
- Breaking news! Patricia King still does not understand Scripture! Slaughter of the Sheep has King's latest.
- Our prayers our with R.C. Sproul, Jr. and his family as his wife, Denise Sproul went to be with the Lord this past Sunday. While we weep with the family for their earthly loss, we rejoice for Denise who is now with her loving Savior!
- Still need to buy a last-minute gift? Try a Jesus toaster.
- This was my favorite Cripplegate post of the week (although, as always, it was a tough competition!)
- I don't give the
Beth Moore headquartersLifeWay Christian Store credit for much, but was happy to hear about this decision.
- Yoga for horses. Seriously. How can anyone participate in this and keep a straight face?
- I knew there was a reason I always liked Legos.
- One of my favorite Christmas movies is The Nativity. You can watch the full length movie here, but I have to warn you: Santa Claus does not make an appearance.
- Is this really what "attractional" (i.e., Seeker-Sensitive) churches have come to?
- Wait, maybe this was my favorite Cripplegate post.
- The Grace to You blog has been running a great series of brief posts by John MacArthur discussing various aspects of the Christmas story. Make sure you read all of them here.
- Yessir, nothing says Christmas like a "Christian rock show!" Wait a minute...
- Don't miss Christmas: